Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surprise, Surprise





Ever planned a party? A surprise party? In your mind it goes right according to plan, doesn't it? I had the same delusion. 
It's my sister's birthday today (Happy birthday, Marni!), and I decided a few months ago that I wanted to throw her and surprise party, because I knew that she has always wanted one. I had it all planned out to invite everyone, and make sure that everyone could come. And then, it was a week before, and my mom reminded me that I had not yet invited anyone. So, off I went to handy facebook, and invited some of Marni's close friends. I didn't get the response I wanted, but I sent some texts and talked to a few, and it seemed like we would have some people coming. Then the day came, and I was busy making cupcakes and spending hours (yes, hours!) in Superstore shopping for the food with my mom. 
More than a few had confirmed that they were coming, so I was really excited. I really wanted to throw Marni a great birthday. My mom had figured out how to get Marni here, and it seemed like all would just fall into place. But, it didn't. A few people weren't able to make it, and some didn't even let me know they wouldn't come. 
So, when we were ready to shout the big "SURPRISE!", it was just me and our good friend Candi. However, we had a terrific night. There were only six of us (Marni, James, Candi, my brother David, and his girlfriend, Alison), but it was a really good night. And despite the fact that I really am disappointed in those that do not follow through with commitments for no apparent reason, I'm happy with the night we did have. And, once again, Happy birthday, Marni! You're the best big sister. Love you! (ps: in case you can't read it clearly enough, the cupcakes say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, M!"



2 comments:

Candi said...

The party was so fun! Thanks for inviting me. You did a great job planning it.

Kristi Beth said...

Thanks, Candi! I love having you at my parties.