Thursday, July 02, 2009

O Canada!

I forgot to post last night, so here it is. Happy (belated) Canada day, eh?! I really am proud to be Canadian. On Sunday, as our closing hymn in Sacrament meeting, we sang "O Canada!" (yes, all four verses!). I love singing our national anthem. Singing it on Sunday, the lyrics really touched me. I am so blessed to live in a country with so many freedoms and benefits. I love it.
Also, on another note of gratitude...
Today, at work, I was reminded again of how lucky I am. One of my first customers of the morning was a man in a wheel chair. He needed my help finding a size in a shirt (probably for his wife), because he said his hands don't work very well, and he'd probably mess up the piles if he looked for it. As I was helping him and watching him, I realized that I am so incredibly blessed to have all of my fingers and toes and arms and legs, and that each of my limbs work remarkably. I hope that I will never have to learn how to live without them.

 

No comments: