Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Happiness by the Kilowatt

Working in a women's retail store, I have the great opportunity of seeing a lot (a lot!) of really cute kids. I also get to see some pretty unhappy, destructive and troublesome children -- but that's beside the point. Anyway. The other day at work, I was ringing a customer's purchase through at the till, and her adorable little girl was sitting on the counter. I smiled at her, as I usually can't help myself from smiling around the cute ones. A few moments later, she turns to her mom, and says "Why is she so happy?!". Her mom didn't know who she was talking about, and asked who was this "she". The girl (who was probably younger than four), points to me, and says "her!". I thought it was so funny. But, like most things I can come across, it made me think. What does make me happy? I've made a list.
1. Knowing that I can be with my family for eternity
2. Starting a new book
3. Re-reading a beloved book
4. Being able to share precious memories with the people I care about
5. Having an amazing boyfriend (and best friend)
6. The fact that I can consider my family members to be my closest friends
7. The hope of my future
8. Green!
9. Watching (and singing along to) musicals ("We've got trouble! Right here in River City!")
10. Having an emotional connection to specific songs
11. Singing
12. Runner's high
13. Scrapbooking, writing, and just being creative in general
14. Having a testimony 
15. Baking and cooking
16. Knowing that I can overcome any trial that comes my way (but realizing that that won't be a walk in the park)
17. Getting my daily dose of fruits and veggies
18. Accomplishing goals I've set for myself
19. Learning! (Only two more months exactly until Fall semester starts!)
20. Making time to read my scriptures
21. Meaningful prayers
22. Institute!
23. Knowing that I will have a mother-in-law that I get along with very well
24. Having  been raised by two of the greatest people
25. Finding that perfect shot, and capturing that moment on film
26. Knowing that I will still be happy in the future
27. Having dreams
28. Making plans
29. Being healthy
30. Being in love
Obviously this list is far from complete. But, these are the ones that are in my mind at the moment. So many things and people make me happy. I am just so lucky. 




No comments: