Friday, April 06, 2012

Questions & Answers


Lita tagged me, so I am doing this. Enjoy learning a little bit about me.

The Rules
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the person who tagged you
4. Create 11 questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people
11 Random Things
  1. I am a planner. I like to know what is going to happen, when it is going to happen, and what I can do. For example, since I was little, I have had names picked out for my future children. These names have changed over the years, but I have always had a list. I have also had a general list for what my life will be. And don't get me started on my wedding planning! My family and friends have had to suffer through my endless questions of "will this go with this?" "will this song work?" "is that too formal?" "is that too casual?" "how about this dress?" "these shoes?" "how much will that make?" "how much will that cost?"... it goes on and on. 
  2. I have recently learned that I am a control freak. When I revealed this to my mother recently, she said "you didn't know?" 
  3. Just like people crave food, I often crave music. Sometimes, I just really need to hear The Smiths, or Florence + the Machine, or The Beatles. And I can't stop thinking about it until that glorious music seeps into my ears and I am satisfied. 
  4. I know the exact day that I knew without a doubt that I would marry Christopher. I can still remember that moment, and every time I do, my eyes start to water and my heart begins to beat a little quicker. 
  5. Even though I am a planner, I am also a procrastinator. I procrastinate daily. It's a real problem. I'll fix that eventually...
  6. Since living away from home, I have become a bit of a clean freak -- not insane, but I do like to have things cleaner than I did when I lived at home. That's not to say that everything is always clean in my house. For instance, right now my laundry is only half done, there are dishes in the sink, and I have a messy room. However, I am much happier when things are clean. 
  7. I love my nephew, Joey so much. For about ten years, I have bugged my sister about having kids. I know that ten years ago Marni was not old enough to have kids, but I wanted her to know that I expected her to provide me with nieces and nephews before I had my own children. I consider Joey a test for my future kids. That little boy lights up my life like no other. 
  8. I like washing dishes. Yeah, I'm a bit of a freak. 
  9. As much as I love Calgary, and it is my home, I really want to live somewhere else. I'm hoping that within the next five years or so, Christopher and I can live somewhere else, even if it's just for a few months. 
  10. I love yoga. Taking yoga classes this last semester has seriously changed my life, much like rediscovering running changed my life a few years ago.
  11. I don't like uneven numbers. It actually bothers me a tad that there are eleven questions and not ten or fifteen -- but not enough to make me hyperventilate or anything. I promise I'm not crazy. 
11 Answers
1. Who is your inspiration and why?
My inspiration comes from many sources. One is the lovely Audrey Hepburn. I love her style, her movies and just everything about her. But, more importantly, my inspiration is my mother. My mother is so selfless, but not in a way that makes me feel bad -- not sure if that makes sense. My mom does what she does for our family because she loves us, and I know that. Planning my wedding has allowed me to see that even more. Both she and my dad love me so much and want the best for me, and would do anything in there power to see that I get the best. I want to be that kind of person.
2. If you could live anywhere, where would that place be?
I've always had a bit of an obsession with California. I always thought it would be wonderful to live there. Or New York. Or London. Or Paris.
3. If you had to pick a new name (and you have to) what would it be?
I used to think about this all the time when I was younger. When I was about nine or ten, I didn't like my name very much and wanted to change it. I originally wanted to go by Beth, which is my middle name. Then I considered June, because I was born in June (I know now that I am so not a June!). I love my name now though and would never want to change it. But, if I had to (which apparently I do now), I would chose Summer. I've always loved the name Summer. Or Kate. But really, I'm a Kristi. 
4. So you have anamorph powers (you can transform into any animal) what would it be?
Weird question. Maybe a bird. Then I could fly. That would be pretty okay. 
5. Favorite dish?
Chicken with tomatoes, zucchini and olives. Get the recipe here.
6. If you could play a part in any movie ever made, what character would you be?
Jo (Audrey Hepburn) in Funny Face. Being a model in Paris, while Fred Astaire dances for me? I think so!
7. What do you struggle with?
Motivation. Going for what I want and forgetting about rejection and failure. 
8. Dream vacation?
Anywhere with my love. But, if I am even more honest, I would say a trip to Europe with stops in Italy, France, England, Scotland, and Greece. 
9. Tell me one of your most vivid childhood memories?
I actually have a lot of these. One that just popped into my head was my first nose bleed. I was about six or seven and I went over to my neighbours house. We were playing in their backyard with their dog, Shadow. Shadow jumped up and hit me in the nose. It hurt, but I didn't think any damage had been done. We went back home shortly because I was supposed to go to a baby shower with my mom, and I remember walking down the hall, and feeling like I had a runny nose, but when I went to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror, I saw that my nose was bleeding. That was only one of two nose bleeds in my life. I have been pretty sheltered, I know.
10. If you were forced to live in another time period, what would it be?
The 1940s or 1950s. Best fashion this world has seen yet. 
11. Which Disney princess are you and why?
I would say Belle, only because when I was little I totally identified with her having brown hair and a deep love for literature. I even used to play Belle when I would play make believe games when I was little. I would go outside and pick up the weeds with the dandelion seeds (I can't think of what they're called) and I would react that scene where she does that and sings, before (or after.. I forget) Gaston comes to propose to her. You know what scene I'm talking about. 

I don't have any questions for you. And I think everyone that I would tag was already tagged.
So, hopefully you learned something about me. If nothing else, this was a good journalling exercise.
Thanks, Lita!

No comments: