Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One month

I have been engaged for a month. A month. In some ways, it feels like it just happened yesterday. And in others, it feels like we have been engaged forever! The latter is actually kind of true. Christopher and I have been talking about getting married since July (I know, super soon after we started dating), and have been really serious about it since the end of October. So, in my mind we have been engaged this whole time. I think that's why things have been going pretty smoothly in the planning department (with a few glitches here and there -- but that is to be expected). 
Now that I have my dress picked out, my bridesmaids dresses ordered, honeymoon is booked, our engagement photo shoot done (at least part one of possibly two), I feel like there isn't much we have to do right now. Obviously we need to get our invitations out, but we still have a couple of weeks to do that.
Some of you may be coming here to see details of my wedding planning. But, I can't divulge that information yet. For some reason, I feel really private about my wedding details. Maybe it's because I want my wedding to be unique to me and Christopher, or maybe because I don't want people to come to the reception and think "Oh, I saw all of this on the blog or Pinterest". 
I promise that as I get things together for the wedding, I'll post little hints of details.
But, I can tell you one thing. I will be a very happy bride.
Every moment that I get to be with Christopher, I think about spending eternity with him and I just feel so peaceful and calm. But excited too. 
I can't wait to be Mrs. Craig!

No comments: