Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I just want to write a quick note to give an update on my missionary! I got an e-mail on Monday and a letter today.
Justin is serving in a city called Yucaipa (You-KI-pa), California. He loves the weather and the palm trees! He didn't tell me much about the people or about his ward that he is serving in. But, I know that he is doing well, and that he is enjoying his mission. I look forward to getting more letters about the people that he will be teaching and serving.
And, tonight, my dad brought me supper at work, and a letter too! As I read my letter, it made me think of Saturday's Warrior when Benji is making fun of Julie for crying while writing Wally. "When she gets a letter from Wally, she blubbers! When she writes a letter to Wally, she bluuuubers!" That's me. Completely. I want letters every day! Or even just the weeks when I get more than one letter! Maybe this week will be one? No, not likely. But, a girl can dream! He's really growing, and I can see it already. Yesterday was the four week mark, and tomorrow is the one month mark. I've survived one month. Twenty-three more can't hurt, right?
Oh, and yes, I am still waiting for Justin. I've already had people ask me that! Even a few days after he left! I am definitely still waiting. Also, on that subject. Justin is still my boyfriend. No, we are not going on dates, and we're not seeing each other for the next two years, as that is sort of frowned upon. But, I'm not giving up on him just because he's serving a mission. He's still alive, and I'm still his. Some people can be really amusing with their views at times. 
And for your viewing pleasure, here's a video that my friend Tat showed me the other day. I hope this never happens to me!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Good for you Kristi. My mom waited for my dad and here they still are......44 years later and still counting. : D