Tuesday, October 23, 2012

We love to see the temple

While the new Calgary temple was open for public tours, I was able to go twice. I first went with my mom, sister, Joey, Granny, Papa, and my Uncle Mac and his family. It was really special being there with my family, and I was so amazed by everything. I thought about Christopher the entire time I was there, and couldn't wait to go with him. We were able to make time to go together last Wednesday afternoon. Christopher was able to finish his lab early, and picked me up from school while I had a four hour break in between classes. We were lucky to be able to go while the East Stake was working. It was so nice to see people that we know and don't get to see very often now that we have moved to the North Stake. Thankfully we came at a less busy time, so we were able to go into a room right away to begin our tour. From the beginning of the video, I was so full of the spirit, and my eyes were tingling with tears. I love hearing about the temple, and seeing the temple, and being in the temple. So yes, it was a wonderful experience.
Every single room is so beautiful, and I just felt so much love there. I kept thinking about our wedding, and the wonderful day that that was, especially as we stood in the Celestial Room and the Sealing Room. I was just so overwhelmed with love for my husband, my family, my future family, and my Heavenly Father.
I still can't believe that we have a temple in Calgary! I never thought that we would. I am so excited to go to the dedication on Sunday, and keep going back as much as we possibly can!
I love the temple!

It was a super windy day!

My cute husband being silly.

Me + my husband + the temple = happiness

No comments: