Friday, October 26, 2012

Thankful

I am laying here in bed, next to me sweet, softly snoring husband and my heart is just full of gratitude and love. I realize that I am so lucky to have all that I do.
I complain so much about the year left that I have of school, and the fact that I have been in university for my sixth year now, and will only have one degree to show for it, not two like some people I know. But, the truth is, those extra years that I have taken to finish my degree have been the years where I have really found myself, and I have overcome so much and been able to see how much interest my Heavenly Father really has in my life.
I complain about our tiny basement suite, and how we don't have enough space or a dishwasher, or enough closet space or freezer space. But the fact is, we have a home. We have a roof over our heads every night. We have clothes to wear, and food to eat.
I could go on. I have so many blessings. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband that supports me in all that I do, or want to do. He is my rock, and I can't imagine my life without him. Actually, I can imagine it. I've lived it, and it's pretty bleak. I am so thankful for everything that Heavenly Father has given me. I really don't feel like I deserve it, but I will take whatever He will give me, and try to do my best with it.

No comments: