Monday, October 17, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Boys

It makes me really sad when people have negative feelings towards men. I know that there are many guys out there that don't make the best choices, and make problems for the rest of the male population. But in my life, I have been blessed to know so many good men. Men are essential to our life here on earth. I don't mean that in an anti-feminist way, I just mean that we need them, and they need us. The men in my life bring humour, a sense of safety, and treat me so well, reminding me that I am a choice daughter of God.

When I think about the best men I know, there are six names that come immediately to mind. 
My Papa is one of the kindest men I know. He loves my Granny, his family and the gospel. He is so hard working, and such a good example to his entire family.
My dad is one of the most selfless people I know. He always puts his family first, no matter what. He loves his wife dearly, and he does his best for his family. Despite hard times, he provides for his family every way that he can. My dad is another really great example to me.
My brother David is one of the funniest people I know. David loves a good laugh, and loves to share laughter and humour with everyone around him. He is the best big brother. He is kind, protective, and always lets me know when he thinks I could be doing better. His creativity in his photography amazes me, and he is one of my best friends.
My brother-in-law, James is one of the most hard-working men I know. He has a busy job, a busy calling, and a new family and he does his best in every single of those parts of his life. It's really neat to see the care that James takes with my nephew, Joey. He is a natural father.
Justin is probably the best living example of a friend. Justin has such a kind heart. He is really truly, a gentleman and often puts others above himself. He tries his best to make others happy, and make them as comfortable, even in the most awkward of situations (trust me on this one!). Justin is also a very forgiving person and sees the good in life.
Christopher is one of the sweetest people I know. He is always conscious of the needs of others, and likes to make me smile. Chris knows how to make me feel like the most important woman in the world. He is smart. He is also a gentleman. Plus, if you ever need to help moving, he is your guy -- trust me.

I am so blessed. Seriously. I could go on and on with the list of other men in my life that have made a big impact on it. There are so many good men out there, just trying to do their best.
Ladies, please treat men with the respect that they deserve. There are so many Prince Charmings and Knights in Shining Armour, just waiting for you to give them a chance. Don't give up on that fairy tale. It exists. Trust me. 

2 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

Does this mean Christopher wants to help us move in November? :)

Mike A said...

Thanks, Kristi. You're awesome, by the way. Tonya thinks so, too. We miss you.