Friday, November 06, 2009

The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot

Meet Jesse Lacey. Music love of my life. When I was fourteen, I heard about this band named Brand New. After hearing their song "Sudden Death in Carolina", I instantly fell head over heels in love. People always say that there was a specific band or album or novel that changed their life, and it seems like it couldn't be true. I never believed it. But it happens. It happened to me. (Actually, it happens all the time). Brand New was such a big influence on me as I was going through my adolescent years. I began to appreciate the art of music so much more when I listened to them. True, Jesse Lacey has some serious anger issues ("Seventy Times Seven" anyone?), and could use some quality time with a professional psychiatrist, but he is immensely talented (if you forget their newest album... what's up with that?!). Really, truly. Find Deja Entendu, sit on your bed, and fall in love. It will make your heart happy.

ps. Is anyone else seeing the resemblance to Morrissey here? I think it may have been planned.


Listen. Watch. Love.

No comments: