Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Super Furry Animals

It's been a busy, busy week! So, I have a lot to write about. So, I'll break up all the happenings into different posts.
Today: Saturday at the zoo.
On Saturday morning, Justin picked me up at my grandparents' and we set out on the adventure that was to be our Saturday. We went to breakfast at Denny's, where I had some delicious granola cereal and fruit! Yum! Next, we headed to the University bookstore so I could pick up my textbooks for this semester. Very expensive. Very heavy. My textbook for Shakespeare probably weighs ten pounds! But, it's totally worth it! After spending lots of money on only a few books, we drove to the zoo to meet Dennis and Candi. It had been a few years since I'd been to the zoo, so I was really excited. We saw lots of animals, and had a lot of fun. We got to see the cute baby gorilla, which was probably my favourite. I love gorillas! We also saw koalas -- they aren't bears! "Every time someone calls them a bear, they die inside" (that was for you, Candi), tigers, bears, elephants, and more! 
Also, we saw these guys:

These are prairie dogs. We were sure that they might suffocate from all their fat. We just couldn't get over how big these things really are! Yikes.
After the zoo, we went to BP's, because we were both famished! It was definitely delicious. After dinner, we went back to my place, where we played Monopoly (the new electronic version) with Marni and James. It was a lot of fun. But, I am really terrible at Monopoly. Really. Dreadful. I think it should come with an advisor to help me make my financial decisions. 
Here are some other pictures from the day

No comments: