Sunday, September 13, 2009

School's In For-ever!

On Tuesday, I started classes. I was so, so excited to be back in a classroom, but I was strangely nervous this time. I think it was because these lasts four months have seemed to go dreadfully slow without school. So, Tuesday was my day of Psychology. Last year, I declared Psychology as my minor (my major is English), so I get to take some great classes, and it's not a waste. This semester, I am taking Psychology of Aging, and Cognitive Psychology. Both are very interesting classes. I really look forward to the rest of the semester. Also, I am pretty thrilled that I only have tests -- no papers! I get enough of that in my English courses. Wednesday was my day of English. I started the day with Shakespeare. My professor is hilarious! I think I'm really going to enjoy this one. Our first play is Richard III. So far, I'm really enjoying it -- especially the way my professor reads it. The book probably weighs ten pounds, as I mentioned before, but it's okay -- I need the muscles. After Shakespeare, I had a break. Luckily, my good friend Shenica has a break at the same time, so we had a chance to catch up before her class. My next class was Poetry. I know this one is going to be heavy, but I think I will like it. My professor seems pretty good, so that's a bonus. I love school. I love learning. I love sitting in a lecture hall, pen ready, anticipating all of that knowledge that is about to enter my brain. I am so thankful that I listened to my brother. The truth is, I started university because of the wisdom of my brother, David. When I was nearing the end of grade eleven, or starting grade twelve, David told me that I should go to school as soon as I could. So, when the time came for me to decide what to do, and where to go, I made that decision as soon as I could. I am so glad I did. I love it. I worry Justin when I say I want to go to school forever (he's thinking of all that money!), but really, I just don't want to stop learning. I really want to be a lifelong learner (like my Granny) whether it's in or out of a classroom.

No comments: