Thursday, August 16, 2012

Run For Your Life

Yesterday afternoon before work, I went for a jog. It was the second jog in two weeks, and the longest since early spring. I am always amazed that my legs still work after months of not working out on a regular basis. I didn't have a plan of where to go (since I don't know our neighbourhood very well yet), so I just ran, and ran. It wasn't my best run, but it was a good one. I know a lot of people run because they know that it is good for them, or they like the benefits, or because they are training for a race. But I run because I love it. Really, truly. I'm not lying. Running not only provides me with the best exercise, it gives me some time to think, reflect on my life, realize the blessing of having a healthy body, and yesterday it gave me the chance to explore my neighbourhood -- which is actually really nice.
Now I just need to make exercise a priority again. If I don't do it now, by the time school comes around in September, I'll never get into the habit.
For me, getting back into the habit of exercise isn't the easiest thing. Though, I am lucky that there are some things that I actually love doing, like running and yoga. I'm so glad that I have been able to enjoy those two, otherwise I would be a very unhappy, unhealthy woman.

No comments: