Monday, January 07, 2013

Something old

I'm not sure where it comes from (perhaps my Scottish blood?), but I am a lover of tradition, and can be a tad bit superstitious (not crazy, but just a little 'stitious). So, on my wedding day, I needed to have my something old, something borrowed, and something blue.
For the ceremony, I borrowed my sister's temple dress. And my bouquet had both my something old and blue. I decided that I wanted to make the bouquets for my bridal party. I didn't want to have anything too elaborate, but simple and unique to me. For my bouquet, I wrapped white and pink daisies in a blue polka dot ribbon, which matched my bridesmaid's dresses. To add a little something extra special, I took a little bit of the lace from the veil my mom wore on her wedding day and used it over top of the ribbon. I was really happy with how it turned out, and I'm glad that I keep my bouquet forever as a keepsake from our special day.


No comments: