Friday, July 27, 2012

I'll still love it

Three weeks of being married, and guess what? I still love it!
Earlier this week, a co-worker of mine asked me how married life was after being two weeks into it. I told him that I love it, to which he replied, "come talk to me in twenty years", and I just said, "I will still love it". But really, why would I get married if I didn't know that I would still love it twenty years from now. Yes, I know that there will be many challenges that will come our way, but one thing that I have learned in my short time of being married, is that I don't have to face these challenges alone. If we work together, we can get through anything. I know that any trial that we have had to face in the last twenty-one days of marriage are minuscule compared to whatever will come our way later, but I don't think that the team work hat we have accomplished in the last bit should be diminished just because we are still young, naive newly weds.
I know that I can take whatever comes our way because I will have my very best friend with me every step of the way, holding my hand. I am certainly the luckiest.

No comments: